Last Chance Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Chance Gamers

This is a forum for a group of people wanting to find a home in a MMORPG, and actually play it with others!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trying other games...

Go down 
+3
Eeldarb
Deomitrius
GrubbsGrady
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
annihalus

annihalus

Trying other games... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying other games...   Trying other games... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:05 pm

drantik wrote:
I was in this boat as well. I was all for trying this, but then I realized this was an entirely different community than what I thought. You guys would have appealed to my gaming style 5 years ago, when I cared about power gaming and competition. I was just trying to find a group of mellow players to hang out with, but even when we tried vanguard I asked a couple guys from this group for some pointers on quests and they treated me like I was an idiot. I'm 25, and only a couple years older than a lot of the posters I saw here, but I felt like I was trying to hang out with high schoolers. They were jumping from game to game in a matter of hours, chalking it up to a "fail" game. They weren't happy if there wasn't an abundance of pvp (and as I've said before, I had 100k~ hks on wow too at one time, and my roots on MMOs started on EQ1 RZ server, so I'm not adverse to pvp).

I guess I thought this community could exist on any medium, as long as they played together. I soon found that they were just out to "conquer" another game, and competition.

-Drantik

o.O who are you again? when did this happen? i never got this feeling
Back to top Go down
drantik

PostSubject: Re: Trying other games...   Trying other games... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:53 pm

I am responding to you in a PM.
Back to top Go down
GrubbsGrady
Admin
GrubbsGrady

PostSubject: Re: Trying other games...   Trying other games... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:18 pm

I feel that some people are more of a "power gamer" than I am looking for as well. While I did hope from game to game fast, there are things that turn me off to a game very easily. If I hate the graphics or ui of the game, I will not even try playing it since I will be looking at them both for a long time.

I am not looking to be serious in this at all, more of a lax group of people who are around to play with at times. I lost my "MMO OMG 24/7 L33T" mindset a while ago...now im just trying to experience a game and keep it cool.
Back to top Go down
https://lastchance.forum-nation.com
drantik

PostSubject: Re: Trying other games...   Trying other games... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:51 am

That's exactly how I feel grubs! And just to clarify to anyone who reads my previous post, I was not trying to be belligerent, although it may appear that way. Maybe I was too quick to take the comments of a few and make a decision that this was not what I was looking for. I've never been on vent with you guys either, which may be part of the problem.

What games are you guys currently in?

-Drantik
Back to top Go down
annihalus

annihalus

PostSubject: Re: Trying other games...   Trying other games... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:06 am

I've been playing AoC , and been dabbling with eq2 on and off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying other games...   Trying other games... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying other games...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Chance Gamers :: Group Info-
Jump to: