Last Chance Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Chance Gamers

This is a forum for a group of people wanting to find a home in a MMORPG, and actually play it with others!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark age of camelot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crispin

Dark age of camelot Empty
PostSubject: Dark age of camelot   Dark age of camelot I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:54 am

I haven't played it in years, but from what I can tell it has maybe the best pvp battles in the whole mmorpg genre, and tons of pve. Countless races and classes, the turn off might be an outdated ui and controls. But the game offers a trial so why not?

I do miss my old elf champion, a terrible race\class combination btw, at least back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Vernis

PostSubject: Re: Dark age of camelot   Dark age of camelot I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:02 pm

the main problem with DaoC might be the Population, which is in many games a huge problem.
Especially if theres features that need other people besides a group, like pvp.
Also its not just the UI and stuff that seem a little bit outdated Wink
Back to top Go down
Crispin

PostSubject: Re: Dark age of camelot   Dark age of camelot I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:52 pm

True enough, but seeing as this is probably a bit of a problem with most mmorpgs, either there is few players, or the population is at the high end of the game. But as far as I can tell they have been merging lately and only have one or two servers, and there was quite a few people when I just logged in. Probably a few trialers just like myself pirat
Back to top Go down
Vernis

PostSubject: Re: Dark age of camelot   Dark age of camelot I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:58 pm

yea but i think DaoC is one of the MMO's which suffer most from this.
For Example if we take AoC, theres 4 US and 6 EU Servers nearly all of them have a medium/decent population.

The biggest problem with reaaally low pop games, and nothing new coming up in those games, is that low pop doesnt attract more people.
So the number of people wont rise but rather fall if theres nothing to attract new people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark age of camelot   Dark age of camelot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark age of camelot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Chance Gamers :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: